Saturday 26 April 2014

Have you read Open by David Price? I have and I aim to.....

Just in case you haven't got the time or resources to read  OPEN, I will share one of my goals from each chapter with you as I read it.
Here is some background information about the book to put you in the picture.
Last week, I recommended OPEN to our school community via our school Facebook page.
and published this information on my 'old style' principal's blog.
Through my online Twitter learning community, I came across a review of a recently published book called Open by David Price OBE. This morning I bought the kindle version and I can't put it down!! It links in so well with the focus of my sabbatical essay on engagement and learning and I'm keen to read more. I highly recommend this book to our whole community. Click on the book image below to link to a review of the book .
David Price regularly shares his views and links to his posts on Engaged Learning via Twitter tweets. You can learn more by clicking on the photo of David below. He recently wrote about the excellent student engagement in learning happening at Matthew Moss High School. Of course, I visited this school in March and plan to adapt some of their learning ideas for our school here.


From reading the Introduction of OPEN I aim to create a 'learning commons'. More about this in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment